I am an experienced Editor, Technical Writer, Project Manager, and Aerospace Flight Operations professional who is comfortable working with all levels from C-suite to technicians and isn’t afraid to get her hands dirty and keep learning. Strong interpersonal skills allow for easy and effective collaboration and leadership in technical environments on both short- and long-term projects. Familiar with Agile and Waterfall methodologies, would like to move forward with PMP certification.
I'm currently seeking a remote position. A recent summation of my strengths was described as "PM for technical dumpster fires"; my skills include Project Management, Information Gathering/Investigation via OSINT, Training, and Testing; and I keep thinking of ways to hack into satellite systems (and then how to protect against anyone who thinks similarly.) I have a very rough "brag sheet" describing some of my accomplishments here. If you know of anything that might be a fit, please contact me at catbailey at protonmail.com.
Summary of Career Accomplishments
Repeatedly acted to maintain and restore spacecraft, satellite, and ground system functionality on multiple projects. Identified, mitigated, and remediated operational issues. Collaborated with Engineering department to develop new satellite operational modes compensating for issues arising from degradation and failure of both software and hardware components.
Established and implemented cross-departmental (Operations and Engineering) procedures for coordination of incident response and handling, including accountability and backlog review. Assisted incoming project manager with establishing and maintaining communication and task coordination between stakeholders, vendors, and developers.
Software Training SME used to facilitate the design, creation, and implementation of effective user guides and training programs for audiences ranging from extreme layperson (basic usage) to Engineering shop (covering installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.) Established training metrics for comprehension and certification.
IT Skills, Hardware, & Software
Data Aggregation, Data Trending, Data Analysis, Testing, Bash, IDL, Fedora, Red Hat, AIX, Windows, OSX, Packet Filtering, TCP/IP, IT Support, Fault Tree Analysis, LMS, Technical Writing, VPN
Aerospace Systems, Hardware, & Software
TPOCC, FITSGEN, TSTOL, Spacecraft Command and Control, ACS/AOCS, EPS, Telemetry and Monitoring, TTC&M, Three-Axis Stabilization, Spacecraft Experiment Operations, Science Operations Coordination, DSN, Ground Stations, Dish Antennae, S-Band Communications, Launch and Early Operations (LEOPS), AIS, VSAT
Salesforce, Zetta, VMWare, Wordpress, Ghost, Microsoft Office
Typical Environments Worked In
Spacecraft Operations Centers, Satellite Radio, Broadcasting, Aerospace, Security, Consulting
ADT, LLC (NYSE: ADT) Nov 2017—Present
Security & Fire Protection Systems and Services
Small Business Sales Consultant
- End-to-end project management from sale to installation
- Perform site analysis, risk assessment, and requirement gathering
- Design holistic security solutions that include security, access control, CCTV, and intercom systems that integrate into client processes
- Collaborate with client to develop and implement new security processes and procedures, as needed
Catalyst Content Consulting (Private) Jul 2015—Present
Writing, Project Management, Consulting
Principal and Founder
- Close collaboration with all levels of client staff to ensure optimal facilitation and management of projects, ideas, systems, and communications across a wide variety of subjects
Sirius XM Radio, Inc. (NASDAQ: SIRI) Feb 2016—Mar 2017
Satellite Radio Broadcasting
Consultant – Systems Engineer – Documentation
- Designed and implemented a consistent strategy and program for departmental training, improvement, and interdepartmental accountability
- Coordinated and led meetings to collaborate and strategize with executive and senior management to establish, articulate, and codify departmental and interdepartmental policy
- Collaborated with external and internal representatives to improve communication and identify and reduce cooperative challenges
- Close collaboration with leadership and SMEs to create, validate, and maintain documentation and communications materials for existing and developing projects at all levels
- Provided routine status reports to executive leadership on project timelines, progress, and challenges
Orbcomm (NASDAQ: ORBC) Oct 2012 – Dec 2014
Wireless Data Networking
Senior Network Controller
- Key member of Launch and Early Operations team for second-generation (OG2) satellites
- Managed monitoring and maintenance of 26 OG1, six OG2, and two AIS communications satellites, including routine operational maintenance, data retrieval, and anomaly identification and response.
- Oversaw monitoring and maintenance of Orbcomm ground network including 30 ground antennae at 14 sites globally, VPN and VSAT connections, and Automatic Identification System (AIS) message and data flow.
Stinger-Ghaffarian Technologies Jan 2010 – Apr 2010
Engineering and Mission Operations Solutions
Flight Operations Systems Engineer
Honeywell TSI Dec 2006 – Oct 2009
Space Systems Operations
Satellite Specialist 2
- Performed real time engineering operations such as: spacecraft commanding, spacecraft and ground data retrieval, offline data processing, ground systems support and troubleshooting (AIX/Windows/Macintosh), coordinating between segments of data network, ground anomaly reporting and investigation, command load generation and scheduling, and assisting Spacecraft Subsystems Engineer (SSE) with spacecraft subsystem health checks.
- Identified, developed, tested, and validated spacecraft operations.
- Designed and executed test cases against simulator for command procedures, assisted Ground Segment Engineer (GSE) in maintenance and troubleshooting of mission data collection environment integrity, availability, and performance on AIX, Windows, and Macintosh systems; set project record for certification speed; contributed to review and update of the Flight Operations Plan; assisted in review, update and consolidation of training program; acting shift lead; wrote technical guides and documentation for assorted tasks.
L-3 Communications GSI Nov 2001 – Dec 2004
Technology-based Services, Support, and Products
Data Technician/Interim Science Operations Coordinator
Northern Virginia Community College, Woodbridge VA (08/2011 - 05/2012)
Anne Arundel Community College, Arnold MD (08/2005 - 07/2010)
References available upon request